FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 01279 427104
|Event Name:||PAT Testing Course (Hands-on) *SPECIAL OFFER*|
|Event Time:||09:00:00 AM|
Steve Goodchild is the Lead instructor at Positive Training, with many years of electrical experience and a calm, friendly approach to teaching.
City & Guilds 2377-22 Level 3 Award in the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
Course Duration: 1-Day
Portable Appliance Testing must be performed by a person who is competent to do so, and because of this, the 2377-22 course assumes those attending have some prior electrical knowledge.
This one day course gives delegates the basic electrical knowledge needed to understand the subject matter. The course then progresses to look at the code of practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment produced by the Institute of Electrical Engineers.
Participants will learn how to carry out portable appliance testing both by visual inspection and using test instruments, they will also learn how to correctly complete testing records. They will then take a practical assessment and multiple-choice examination.
• Electrical Safety in the workplace and elsewhere
• The role of Regulations and the responsibilities of the duty holder
• Insulation and earthing of appliances and equipment
• Classification of appliances
• Preliminary Inspection, pre test precautions
• Using a Portable Appliance Tester
• Required tests
• Optional tests
• Labelling of assets and bar coding
• Maintaining the asset register
• Reporting and recording results
• Implementing an electrical test programme
• Practical Assessment of delegates
1hr 45 min 50 Question, Multiple-Choice Exam and Practical Assessment
The reference book 'Codes of Practice for In- Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment' 3rd Edition is mandatory for this course.
Successful delegates will receive an industry recognised City and Guilds Certificate - City & Guilds 2377-22 ‘In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment’.
|Course Date||16th March 2018|